Our green policy.
We recognise that our work may have a direct or indirect negative impact on the environment. We are constantly looking for ways to improve our environmental impact and are committed to reducing any harmful effects, following, and implementing best practices where possible. We encourage our team, suppliers, and guests to be environmentally aware through initiatives such as recycling and being energy efficient.
We reduce the amount of waste generated by reusing and recycling including:
- Recycling plastic from guest rooms and staff areas.
- Recycling wastepaper, cardboard, and packaging.
- Recycling printer cartridges and batteries.
- Operate a near ‘paperless’ operation, where printing is rare and only used when necessary.
- Scrap paper is reused.
- PDQ payment machines are paperless, payment receipts are emailed.
- Reusable thermos bottles are provided to all team members, stopping the use of single plastics.
- Recyclable paper cups and wooden stirrers are provided for our coffee machines.
- All new-starter documents are now completed online and e-signed.
Purchasing and suppliers.
We consider the environmental factors around the production, delivery, and disposal of products:
- Where possible, amenities and food items are sourced from local suppliers.
- Where possible, fair-trade products are purchased.
- Refillable, UK-produced shampoo and body wash are used in all guest bedrooms.
- Linen is delivered in hybrid vehicles, by Green Apple Award & Footprint Award-winning linen service.
- (Gatwick) Our partnered restaurants offer vegan and vegetarian options.
- We offer milk alternatives for all coffee products.
Energy and water saving.
We aim to reduce energy consumption by considering all resources:
- 100% of our guest-bedroom windows are triple-glazed.
- (Gatwick) December 2023 Air Conditioning system replacement installation throughout the hotel, replaced with a new energy efficient system.
- AC units are switched off when rooms are unoccupied.
- An opt-out option for servicing guest rooms is promoted, whereby guests can request to not change towels or sheets, saving energy and reducing water consumption.
- LED energy-saving bulbs are used where possible, reducing our energy output.
- Smart Room Control is available for a fully digitalised guest journey, reducing the use of plastic keycards.